Committing your life to Jesus Christ is the best decision you could ever make...
"But God, being rich in mercy, because of the great love with which he loved us, even when we were dead in our trespasses, made us alive together with Christ - by grace you have been saved - and raised us up with him and seated us with him in the heavenly places in Christ Jesus, so that in the coming ages he might show the immeasurable riches of his grace in kindness toward us in Christ Jesus. For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not our doing, it is the gift of God, not a result of works, so that no one may boast."
Ephesians 2:4-9, ESV
1) God loves you and offers a wonderful plan for your life.
"For God so loved the world that he gave His only Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have eternal life" - John 3:16
"...I came that they may have life and have it abundantly" - John 10:10
Why is it that most people are not experiencing the abundant life? It is because
2) All humans sin, and our sin has separated us from God.
We are Sinful
"For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God" - Romans 3:23
We are Separated
"For the wages of sin is death..." - Romans 6:23
According to Scripture, there is only one way to bridge this gap...
3) Jesus Christ is God's only atoning provision for sin. Through Christ we can know and experience God's love and plan for our lives.
Christ died in our Place
"But God shows his love for us in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us" - Romans 5:8
He Rose from the Dead
"Christ died for our sins...He was buried, He was raised on the third day...and that he appeared to Peter, then to the twelve. Then he appeared to more than five hundred brothers at one time..." - 1 Corinthians 15:3-8
Christ is the only way to God
"I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me" - John 14:6
But it is not enough to know these principles...
4) We must individually receive Jesus Christ as Savior and Lord; then we can know and experience God's love and plan for our lives.
We receive Christ by personal invitation
"Behold, I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hearts my voice and opens the door, I will come into him and eat with him, and he with me" - Revelation 3:20
We receive Christ through faith
"God put forward as a propitiation by His blood, to be received by faith..." - Romans 3:24-25
We receive Christ by grace and through faith
"For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God, and not a result of works, so that no one may boast" - Ephesians 2:8
Now that you have been presented God's plan of redemption, you can make a personal commitment of faith in Jesus Christ. Pray this prayer...
5) Heavenly Father, thank you for your invitation to an eternal and abundant life through Jesus. Forgive me. I am sorry for my sins. I believe in my heart that you raised Jesus from the dead. I ask that you enter into my heart and impart into me your life giving Spirit. Thank you for saving me and enabling me to walk in your ways. Amen.
the Bible declares...
"If you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved. For with the heart one believes and is justified, and with the mouth one confesses and is saved" - Romans 10:9-10
And God promises
"Everyone who believes in Him [Jesus Christ] will not be put to shame" - Romans 10:11